L’Appui pour les proches aidants d’aînés Outaouais has just published its March 2017 Caregiver Newsletter. This 6-page newsletter includes some great information for caregivers with articles on:
- Eating Well to Provide Better Care, written by nutritionists Louise Lambert-Lagacé and José Thibodeau
- Highlight of the Centre d’action bénévole Accès, and its work with seniors in the Aylmer community (i.e., transportation/attendant services, day activities and respite-at-home for caregivers).
- The Importance of Taking a Break, written by caregiver support counsellors.
- Social Worker and Caregiver, A Winning Team, with an interview with Chantal Audet, a social worker.
The publication also lists a number of upcoming events for the month of January, including:
- Société Alzheimer de l’Outaouais québécois (SAOQ) – Training workshops for caregivers: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Series of eight workshops held once a week | Cost of $35 for eight workshops. Gatineau Sector.
- Centre d’action bénévole Accès (CAB Accès) – Tax clinic: Every Monday and Friday in March, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aylmer Sector.
- Comité 3e âge Papineau (CR3A) – Support group: March 2 and March 30, 2017 | 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Coffee Talk March 16, 2017 | 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Saint-André-Avellin.
- Vallée-de-la-Gatineau RCM – Voix et Solidarité pour les aidants naturels de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 | 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Maniwaki.
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 | 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Gracefield
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017| 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Moncerf
- Société Alzheimer de l’Outaouais québécois (SAOQ) – Day and respite centre
- Every Tuesday | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pontiac RCM.
- Every Monday | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Shawville.
Space is limited for many of the listed activities so make sure to reserve early. All contact information for each individual event is listed in the Newsletter.
For more information about L’Appui pour les proches aidants d’aînés Outaouais, please visit their Website.