Caregiving for Seniors
Connexions actively supports community groups seeking to address issues on behalf of local seniors. Activities and services include:
Community Health Education Program (CHEP)
The Community Health Education Program delivers community-based learning about health and social services to rural and remote English-speaking communities through videoconferencing and DVD distribution.
L’APPUI pour les proches aidants d’aînés Outaouais for Caregivers
L’APPUI Outaouais is an organization dedicated to supporting caregivers of seniors so they needn’t feel alone in their role. APPUI’s projects focus on the development of training, psychological support and respite. They have a listing of support organizations and services in the Outaouais and publish a monthly APPUI Caregiver Newsletter. Visit their website or call their toll-free info line 1-855-852-7787.
Jog Your Mind
Connexions offers a series of workshops called Jog Your Mind throughout the Outaouais area to promote intellectual vitality for seniors worried about normal aging-related changes in their memory. These workshops are provided through the Community Health Promotion Program. (Funded by Health Canada).
With funding from APPUI Outaouais, Connexions hosts events to support and celebrate caregivers during Caregivers’ Week, which takes place in early November.
Related Tools & Articles:
- Mental Health Caregiver Guide
- Health Passport (Booklet, App & Electronic Version)
- Community Organizations Providing Support to Seniors (Large Menu/Napperon)
- Connexions Information Session on Arthritis and Joint Protection
- Our Hands-On Medical Emergency Session Informed and Empowered Participants!
- “Jog Your Mind” Workshop Success!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!