Positive mental health is the capacity to feel, think, and act in ways that enhance the ability to enjoy life and deal with challenges.
Many Canadians are affected by mental illness either directly or indirectly through family, friends or colleagues. It’s OK to not be OK. Learn more about mental illness, its risk factors, symptoms, treatment and suicide prevention and how to get help by visiting the Health Canada Website.
Info-social complements Info-Santé by connecting you to a qualified social worker 24/7. By calling 8-1-1, you can consult a social worker who will evaluate the situation and direct you to the appropriate psychosocial service.
Community & Online Resources:
- Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Schizophrenia Society of Canada
- Ami-Québec Quarterly Newsletter
- Maison le Ricochet (French only)
- Quebec Health and Social Services – Mental Health (French only)
- Brain & Behaviour Research Foundation (US)
- Mental Health Resources for Youth
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada’s Mental Health First-Aid Program