The Health and Social Services Community Leadership Bursary Program
With funding from McGill, Connexions is pleased to offer the Health and Social Services Community Leadership Bursary Program. The Bursary provides financial incentive for students from the Outaouais region pursuing full-time studies in health and social services at a Quebec government-recognized educational institution to return to (or stay in) their region to work and serve their communities after completing their studies.
This bursary aims to reach students with English and French language skills who are pursuing full-time studies in the area of health and social services and who have demonstrated a commitment to, and involvement in, their community.
See below for eligibility guidelines and contact us for more information.
Application Deadline – May 12, 2017.
Bursary Amounts – Two types of bursaries are offered in the Outaouais: Category 1 and Category 2. In both cases, bursary recipients must be willing to work in the Outaouais for one year upon graduation to serve their communities.
Category 1: for students studying in health and social service disciplines at government-recognized educational institutions outside of the Outaouais. The Category 1 Bursary amounts are for students registered for full-time studies in the 2017-2018 Academic Year and fixed on the student’s level of study:
University: $10,000 Cégep / college: $5,000 Secondary school vocational training: $5,000
Category 2: bursaries are aimed at students pursuing studies in health and social services disciplines within the Outaouais. The Category 2 Bursary amounts are for students registered for full-time studies in the 2017-2018 Academic Year and fixed on the student’s level of study:
University: $5,000 Cégep / college: $2,500 Secondary school vocational training: $2,500
Eligibility Criteria – the McGill Bursary is open to students from selected Quebec regions (in our case, the Outaouais) who:
- are Canadian citizens who have resided in a selected Quebec region for at least 2 years (24 months);
- are permanent residents who have resided in a selected Quebec region for at least 2 years (24 months);
- have the appropriate English and French language skills to provide health and social services in a health and social services institution in Quebec;
- are pursuing studies in a government recognized educational institution (for Category 1 located outside their region and for Category 2 located within their region);
- are currently accepted into or pursuing full-time studies (the educational institution that the students are attending considers them as such) in a government-recognized health and social services program (contact Connexions before applying to check this) that permits the students to work professionally in Quebec upon completion of studies
- are registered* full-time during the 2017-2018 academic year;
- and are committed, following completion of studies, to work in the field of health and social services in a public health and social services institution or related organization in the Outaouais for a minimum of one year.
For questions or to receive an application, contact Connexions at email@example.com or 819-777-3206.
* Please note that the Bursary Program is not applicable to students who are:
- registered in independent or non-degree programs;
- registered in distance and on-line training programs.