Whether you enjoy city life, urban culture, and fast-paced hospital settings, or prefer a rural community with an active outdoor lifestyle, the Outaouais is the place for it all!
Nestled in the southwest corner of Quebec, the Outaouais includes the city of Gatineau, and a large portion of the National Capital Region on the northern side of the Ottawa River, as well as extending through the beautiful surrounding Gatineau Hills and beyond.
Here you can conveniently enjoy a variety of summer and winter activities. In summer, there’s life at the cottage, and canoeing, camping, hiking and cycling in the provincial parks and Gatineau Park. In winter, there’s skating on the Rideau Canal, cross-country ski trails in Gatineau Park, and access to downhill ski resorts. The National Capital Region offers music festivals, world-class concerts, the National Gallery, many national museums, and arts and cultural tours.
Come Visit the Outaouais!
- Tourisme Outaouais website
- Over 30,000 square kilometres, 20,000 lakes, and a dozen major rivers
- Gatineau, the fourth largest city in Quebec
- Gatineau-Ottawa, the fourth largest metropolitan area in Canada
- More than 380 km of recreational bike paths in the city and in the countryside
- 150 golf courses within a 100-km radius of Gatineau-Ottawa
- The Museum of Civilization, Canada’s most visited museum
- The largest natural caves in the Canadian Shield
- Three aerial parks and two Vie Ferrate for climbers
- One of Quebec’s four casinos
- One of only three restaurants to earn the CAA-AAA Five Diamond rating in Quebec
- The highest bungee jump in North America!
Looking for a home?
Contact the Chambre Immobilière de l’Outaouais to find out more about local real estate agents, how to find a home in the Outaouais and begin browsing!
Find a local school?