The following are a few resources such as support groups and activities available within the Outaouais that are geared specifically towards men.
Support Groups and Activities for Men:
- Regroupement pour la valorisation de la paternité
- Regroupement provincial en santé et bien-être des Hommes
- I’m a Dad – Dad Central
- Donne-toi une chance
- Association des familles monoparentales et recomposées de l’Outaouais (FMRO)
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families (CCMF)
The CCMF is an Ottawa-based men’s centre that provides a broad range of mental health, legal, parenting and abuse support programs geared at boys, men, fathers and their families living in the Ottawa and Outaouais areas.
Québec Fatherhood Week
Quebec Fatherhood Week takes place every year on the third week in June, preceding Father’s Day. The week-long event is aimed at dads, moms, kids, the general public, and the organizations that support Quebec families. The goal is to recognize the value of having dads involved in the daily life of the family and foster greater equality between moms and dads.
Journée québécoise pour la santé et le bien-être des hommes
Celebrated annually on November 19, the Journée québécoise pour la santé et le bien-être des hommes hosted by the Regroupement provincial en santé et bien-être des hommes or International Men’s Day, celebrates the positive value men bring to the world, their families and the community, and highlights the need to bring awareness to their overall health and well-being (social, emotional, physical and spiritual).
- Life & Times Men’s Discussion Group: Meets on the 3rd Monday of every month, 7:00-8:30 pm at Christ Church, Hall Parish (downstairs office). All men are welcome! For more information, contact Brian Burge, .
- Aylmer Dads Group on Facebook for local fathers who are looking for a place to meet other fathers, ask questions and have social gatherings. This group is geared to fathers in the Aylmer, QC area only.
Health & Social Services
Accessing Health & Social Services within the Outaouais: Includes information on how to Register for a Doctor, how to find a Walk-In, how to apply for Quebec’s Health Card and more.
- Crisis Lines (24/7 Support)
- Abuse Support and Services
- Addictions Services
- Shelters & Food Banks
- Employment Services
- Sexual Health and Relationships
- Legal Information: Explaining the Law