Connexions Career Opportunity - Outreach Worker for Vulnerable Seniors (Aylmer sector of the City of Gatineau)
The Outreach Initiative for Vulnerable Seniors (Initiatives de travail de milieu auprès des aînés vulnérables (ITMAV)) is a project that aims to accompany isolated or vulnerable seniors and to inform them of services that are available to them.
Working under the Executive Director, the Outreach Worker will oversee all aspects of the ITMAV project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit various locations frequented by seniors in order to identify and accompany vulnerable persons aged 55 and over;
- Visit seniors in their home;
- Develop a bond of trust with the seniors and refer them to existing resources;
- Develop partnerships with various organizations in the area;
- Maintain up to date information as to resources in the area;
- Develop and put into place strategies and a communication plan in order to promote the initiative within the targeted clientele, the organizations in the area and the general public;
- Ensure follow-up and evaluation of the project; fulfill all related tasks.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. All other pertinent training and experience will be considered;
- Possess excellent abilities in written and oral communications, in French and in English;
- Be autonomous and demonstrate initiative;
- Possess the abilities necessary to connect with seniors;
- Be able to communicate and cooperate well;
- Excellent interaction skills, empathy, and the ability to manage crisis situations;
- Understand the problems that seniors face;
- Have a good knowledge of the health and social services network and the community;
- Have a good mastery of Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- The incumbent will cover the Aylmer sector of the City of Gatineau;
- The incumbent will need to attend some meetings that will be held outside normal work hours, either during the evening or on weekends, as needed;
- The incumbent, at times, will need to attend local and regional meetings;
- The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle;
- The incumbent must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to hiring;
- The incumbent will prepare and submit all reports required by Connexions Resource Centre.
Other Career Opportunities With Connexions!
35 hours per week from Monday to Friday (full-time).
Salary range is between $44,127.20 et $53,005.69 per year, depending on level of experience and education, as per Connexions’ salary scale and remuneration policy.
Connexions’ office at 67 rue du Couvent, Gatineau (Aylmer) is the primary workplace.
Connexions offers a group benefits package after a 3-month probationary period, which is cost-shared 50% between the employee and the employer.
Only candidates whose profile matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Connexions Resource Centre promotes the health, social wellbeing, and vitality of the English-speaking community through empowerment, participation, and collaboration within the Outaouais.
A strong, inclusive, healthy English-speaking community; recognized, interconnected, and contributing to the vitality of the Outaouais.
Compassion: We serve with kindness and care.
Integrity: We hold ourselves and each other to high ethical standards.
Accountability: We are responsible to each other, our community, and those who support us.
Collaboration: We work with our community and partners to fulfill our mission.
Resourcefulness: We adapt, innovate, and strive for excellence.
Inclusion: We create spaces of belonging where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.