Mental Health Resources
Positive mental health is the capacity to feel, think, and act in ways that enhance the ability to enjoy life and deal with challenges.
Many Canadians are affected by mental illness either directly or indirectly through family, friends or colleagues. It’s OK to not be OK.
Learn more about mental illness, its risk factors, symptoms, treatment and suicide prevention and how to get help by visiting the Health Canada Website.
Find a long list of crisis and non-crisis lines for adults, youth, LGBTQ2+, veterans, indigenous people, farmers and more.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please go to the emergency department of your nearest hospital or call 911.
Feeling lonely, mentally drained or stressed? Need a listening ear and compassionate heart? Connexions is providing Mental Health & Wellness Check-Ins.
Register now and we’ll reach out to set up a 30-minute phone call.These conversations are confidential and meant to bring some ease into your life in whatever way you need!
Talking about suicide is an essential starting point for prevention that is within everyone’s reach.
Find resources from the Association québécoise de prévention du suicide (AQPS) to help you talk about suicide in a preventive and safe manner as well as ways to develop careful listening skills.
Seek help for you or someone you care about : www.suicide.ca/en | 1 866 APPELLE (277-3553)
Community & Online Resources:
- Info-social: complements Info-Santé by connecting you to a qualified social worker 24/7. By calling 8-1-1, you can consult a social worker who will evaluate the situation and direct you to the appropriate psychosocial service.
- Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Schizophrenia Society of Canada
- Maison le Ricochet (French only)
- Quebec Health and Social Services – Mental Health (French only)
- Brain & Behaviour Research Foundation (US)
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada’s (CMHA) Mental Health First-Aid Program
Community & Online Tools
- Action for Happiness Guidebook
- Action for Happiness YouTube Channel
- Mental Health Passport (From Statistics Canada: encourages habits that foster well-being and better mental health)
- What’s your Stress Index? Quiz (CMHA)
- Work-Life Balance Quiz (CMHA)
- Mental Health Meter Quiz (CMHA)
- Mental Health for Life (CMHA)
- Happiness Activities, etc.
For Children & Families:
- 20 Questions about Mental Health with articles on Family & Mental Health, Young Children & Mental Health, and Pregnancy & Mental Health (Naître et grandir).
- Anxiety & Depression Information for Young Children and Families from the Encyclopedia of Early Childhood Development.
- Children, Youth and Depression (CMHA)
- Postpartum Depression (CMHA)
Watch our long list of informational videos on Supporting your Mental Health & Wellbeing with special guests and volunteer students.
Simply click, download and print any of our infographics below:
A special thank you to our volunteer students, Madison and Emma for creating these amazing infographics for our community!
Watch l’Association Québecoise de prévention du suicide (AQPS) video titled “Say it in your own words” as part of their suicide prevention campaign.
Find tips and strategies to help someone with suicidal thoughts. Simply click, download and print the infographic below:
A special thank you to our volunteer student, Madison, for creating this amazing infographic for our community!