Connexions Career Opportunity – Communications Officer
Description du poste: Chargé(e) de communication
Reporting directly to the Executive Director or her delegate, the Communications Officer is a key member of the communications team with the task of implementing Connexions’ communications strategy and ensuring all communications are aligned with Connexions’ mission and objectives in our effort to increase the organization’s visibility and reach with its targeted clienteles.
To succeed as a communications officer, you must be creative and open to new ideas, a quick learner, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be well-organized. A post- secondary degree with experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Connexions’ team, support the development and implementation of a communications plan to inform the English-speaking community of existing services, programs and activities and to strengthen links with public and community organizations;
- Write, edit, and distribute content for external communication platforms including web content, e-newsletters, media releases, marketing materials, and social media channels;
- Responsible for creating and updating event webpages and registration information, resources and news articles on our website;
- Responsible for writing, editing and distributing 5 eNewsletters to our target audiences;
- Develop and adapt appropriate information tools designed for the target clientele;
- Engage potential members, supporters, and other stakeholders through directed campaigns and public events;
- In collaboration with Connexions’ Communications Team, support the development of Connexions’ social media presence where appropriate and effective;
- Track analytics and metrics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns;
- Maintain a list of key community organizations, public sector contacts, politician and newspaper / radio media.
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards;
- Represent Connexions at community events and engage the public about workshops, projects, and programs;
- Support student volunteers from post-secondary institutions working on outreach activities; and
- Other duties and functions as requested by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years related experience is strongly desired. Prior experience working with a non-profit is an asset.
- Understand the best practices of a wide range of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Linked-In, Tik Tok, etc.
- Possess exceptional English writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
- Possess professional level written skills in French.
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of WordPress, the Events Calendar and Elementor plug-in, as well as MailChimp.
- Knowledge of online publishing software (Canva), content management systems (Agorapulse), and other platforms and technologies would be an asset.
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts.
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible, versatile and adapts quickly to change.
Other Career Opportunities With Connexions!
- Given that the incumbent will support the Communications Coordinator in creating posts for social media, they will be required to work during evenings and weekends, as needed;
- The incumbent, at times, will need to attend local and regional events;
- The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle;
- The incumbent must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to hiring;
- The incumbent will prepare and submit all reports required by Connexions;
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday (full-time).
$43,054.00 to $55,332.22 depending on the level of education and experience, as per Connexions’ salary scale and remuneration policy.
Location of Work
67, rue du Couvent, Gatineau (Aylmer Sector), QC, J9H 6A2 (free parking available). A hybrid model may be an option on approval of the immediate supervisor.
Connexions offers a group benefits package after a 3-month probationary period, which is cost-shared 50% between the employee and the employer.
Only candidates whose profile matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Connexions Resource Centre promotes the health, social wellbeing, and vitality of the English-speaking community through empowerment, participation, and collaboration within the Outaouais.
A strong, inclusive, healthy English-speaking community; recognized, interconnected, and contributing to the vitality of the Outaouais.
Compassion: We serve with kindness and care.
Integrity: We hold ourselves and each other to high ethical standards.
Accountability: We are responsible to each other, our community, and those who support us.
Collaboration: We work with our community and partners to fulfill our mission.
Resourcefulness: We adapt, innovate, and strive for excellence.
Inclusion: We create spaces of belonging where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.