Respite Services for Families With Young Children
Respite Services for Families With Children Between 0-24 Months
Naissance Renaissance Outaouais
101 Avenue Gatineau – Door B, Gatineau, QC
- A doula is a person who is there for you, before, during and after the birth. She doesn’t replace anyone, but rather makes everyone’s life easier. She helps the partner find their place and feel comfortable. She helps the mother find good positions and suggests massages or pressure points. Sometimes, her presence alone calms the mother by the bond of trust developed over the course of the meetings. She informs the parents and helps them make enlightened decisions by sharing her knowledge.
- The service includes: 3 prenatal visits, a presence throughout labour and delivery, and a postnatal visit.
- Cost: according to family income.
- The postnatal care provider comes to your home in the days following the birth if you feel the need. She provides the mother with comfort care and helps her adapt to her new reality so that the transition is smooth. In a similar way, she teams up with the partner to help with the adjustment of the first weeks or months. She adapts to the needs of each family she meets. She has training in perinatal care and breastfeeding to answer the questions and needs of the new family.
- Cost: $5 per hour
Respite Services for Families With Children Between 18 Months to 5 Years Old
343, Notre-Dame, Gatineau, QC
Équipe Soutien-Famille is a non-profit organization that offers personal support and respite services to families in difficulty in order to prevent abuse and neglect in children from 18 months to 5 years old.
- Their relief service has a preventive role, It permits children to acquire knowledge that promotes their overall development and the enhancement of their physical and emotional well-being.
- Their support visit program offers general support to families who benefit from our services. They offer more sustained and personalized support. This program helps ensure the balance between first-line intervention and treatment.