Connexions is developing a Directory of Services for Parents of Children and Youth with Special Needs. We are continually adding more resources. In our effort to further this important initiative, we are seeking collaboration from organizations who offer resources specific to this clientele, as well as input from parents who use the services within the Outaouais region. Please contact us to share any resource you think should be included.
Financial Support for Families with Children with Special Needs
There are various funding options available from different levels of government and non-profit organizations. They are available to families with children and youth with special needs ranging from developmental support needs to physical and mobility needs.
Camps & Activities for Children with Special Needs
The following is a list of various camps and activities that are specifically organized for children and teens with special needs.
Daycare Services for Children with Special Needs
The following provides an overview of daycare services for children with special needs at recognized childcare centres (CPEs) and subsidized day homes and highlights Pavillon du Parc’s their Daycare Companion service for autistic children.
- Mental Health Caregiver Guide
- Ami-Québec Newsletters
- Dissatisfied with Services? An Opportunity to Improve Them!
- Organization Spotlight: Bilingual Services at Trait d’Union
- Organization Spotlight: Child Home Alone Courses with Safety Tree
- Meet Julia, Sesame Street’s first autistic muppet!
- What Is “Mindfulness,” and Why Is Everyone Talking About It?
- Internet Safety for Kids
- Naître et Grandir Now Offers English Online Articles and Tools!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Other Useful Links:
- Handbook for Parents of Children with Special Needs – An essential reference for who does what in the Québec school system, what to expect when your child starts school, and what happens during transition periods.